CISO, Seattle -FILLED
Are you obsessed with customer experience? Do you want to be part of our company that is revolutionizing modern retailing? Since 1901, our client has been committed to providing customers with the best possible service and experience in fashion. They have a relentless drive to exceed customer expectations. They continue to grow and evolve to remain the best in the eyes of our customers. Their goal is to be the best fashion retailer in a digitally connected world. Be a change leader at our client as they modernize their Technical capabilities.
Our client is looking for a Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) based in Seattle. This position reports to the CTO. You will be joining not only a strong leadership team but a strong technology team. Information security is a high priority for the company. It’s reviewed by the board and executive management team on a quarterly basis. Both the retail industry and our client are in the midst of a transformation. You will be accountable for delivering the enterprise-wide vision, strategy, architecture, policies and programs to ensure information assets are protected, while maintaining an understanding of the challenges facing the business. You will ensure technology systems are secure, and security and business continuity risk/reward decisions are balanced and comply with external regulatory and legislative requirements. You will be creating an information security conscious culture.
You will be leading the operations of the security team using DevOps and Agile methodology. They have moved 50% of our overall computing technology to the Cloud. Their customer data is in many systems, their websites, mobile apps and point of sale systems. You and your team will be working closely with engineering delivery teams across our client’s Technology to ensure the systems and services being delivered meet appropriate security standards. Your team is responsible for monitoring and responding to any threats. At the enterprise level, you own the engineering firewalls. You will ensure the security of our client’s Enterprise, protecting customer as their as employee data.
Our client is committed to protecting the security of our customer information. They have a complex engineering environment with tough, challenging opportunities. Our client’s Technology is continuing to transform to be fast, more modern, more effective and driving high value to the business. You will be a part of this.
Fast Forward a Year, where will you be?
Your engineering teams are developing code as well as actively following security standards in development and operations. The Information Security organization is recognized and utilized as a source for solutions to effectively improve security. Our overall information security risk profile is cleaner and reduced. You understand security, built a world class system as well as team, understanding the challenges and how to solve those challenges. You are trusted by your team, respected by your peers and leadership.
How will you get there?
- You will immerse yourself into your team as well as meet the appropriate leaders and business partners
- You are starting to understand how your team works with the rest of the organization
- You understand the baseline knowledge of your team
- You have identified any pain points
- The key priorities are understood, modified if necessary and developed
- You will address and solve identified pain points
- You will have spent time building relationships across engineering and business leadership
- Evaluate your entire team and have a point-of-view of the caliber of the team vs. the goals of the team
- Develop and begin to implement the plan
- Improve information security performance
- Metrics are developed that align with the goals of the business
- You’re respected by your team and peers as someone who can quickly learn the best of Our client and bring new deep subject expertise to the team
What you will need:
- Demonstrated security and engineering leader spanning 15+ yrs in industry
- Holistic view of running an Information security function within a large enterprise
- Expert in IT architecture, either Infrastructure, Applications or both
- Significant understanding of system infrastructure technologies including network, server, end-point, mobile and storage
- Agile, DevOps engineering environment that uses both Cloud-based an On-Prem infrastructure
- Successfully prepared for and led responses to cybersecurity incidents, indulging readiness testing, detection, investigation, and remediation
- Demonstrated understanding of the business, legal, reputational, and other risks and considerations that cybersecurity threats post
- Ability to translate complex technical concepts into language suitable for a range of audiences
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills in a complex environment.
- Demonstrated ability to engage with business leaders, C-level executives, external clients, vendors and peers. You have experience and poise in board and executive settings
- An effective change leader and communicator in both a large company and in one-on-one employee relationships.
- A motivator with a curiosity for continually learning
- Customer obsessed with an eye for continual improvement both for your team as well as the customer