VP, Customer Experience, New York- FILLED
Are you passionate and committed to excellence in Customer Experience? Do you want to not only expand your depth or experience, but also breadth? If you’ve always wanted to start your own company but with someone else’s money, you need to read on.
Our client is looking for a VP of Customer Experience/Salesforce (Partner equivalent) in NYC who will own and build this practice for the East Coast. Our client is 100% employee owned, so equity would be yours the day you join! You don’t have to buy into it, wait until a certain level, or take out a loan. And while this is a new position for the NYC office, our client has a very strong Customer Experience practice throughout the firm, so you will be able to leverage and partner with the team. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is motivated and ambitious, and wants to grow and build a team. You will have the influence and latitude to continue to build with a solid backing from a reputable company and team. You aren’t starting from scratch. You have people on your team already. They have delivered and are delivering many successful, transformative Customer Experience & Salesforce.com projects. Your time will be focused on client delivery and practice development, as well as growing the business. You will be a critical part of the National practice, strategizing on service offerings and solutions.
Partnering with the local community and participating within professional networks will be key factors to your success. This is your opportunity to own and drive a practice while having a huge impact on the market. As the VP of Customer Experience & Salesforce, some of the CX service offerings you and your team will focus on are Strategy and Insights, Contact Center Assessments and Roadmaps, Customer Relationship Management, and Digital Strategy. Our client is at their best when combining their CX service offerings in partnership with their industry practice segments. Their industry lens allows them to drive CX into operations resulting in top-line revenue tailored to that industry.
Fast Forward a Year:
What will you be doing a year from now? You will have identified and closed new business. You will have led successful Customer Experience/Salesforce projects that have solved critical issues for your clients. You will have built a great network. You will be well-respected by your peers, as well as your team. You will have grown and shaped the Customer Experience/Salesforce Practice on the East Coast.
How will you get there?
- Get to know the other Service and Industry line leaders, not only on the East Coast, but throughout the entire company.
- Spend time in Chicago meeting the leadership team and getting to know best practices.
- Join the National Technology CX Practice.
- Work on proposals.
- Get to know current projects – perhaps adding your expertise to help drive success.
- Create the vision for the practice.
- Engage customers in your practice.
- Understand the success factors of the organization.
- Know your measurable objectives and work toward them.
- Know your clients and their environments.
- Participation in client development meetings.
- You have closed 1-2 new deals.
- You’re involved with community events and/or charities.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree. Advanced degree preferred.
- Professional Services or Management Consulting industry experience.
- 15+ years of growing and managing a CRM/Salesforce practice.
- Proven business development experience with extensive track record of prospecting new clients and maintaining existing relationships on the East Coast.
- Successfully built a well-performing team; great ability to mentor.
- Superior full end-to-end project management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written & verbal.
- Ability to travel 50% of the time.
- Ability to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Our client is a 100% employee owned global professional services firm spanning the scope of retail, manufacturing & distribution, financial services, insurance, private equity, M&A, healthcare & life sciences, and energy & utilities. They specialize in serving the middle market to help improve operating results at their portfolio companies. They excel in creatively solving their clients’ complex challenges so they can adapt, shift gears, and thrive. They execute flawlessly! Their leadership team established a firm that not only provides clients with a unique mix of approach, ability, and attitude, but also one that provides their people with an engaging and rewarding environment with plentiful opportunities. They value integrity, stewardship, and quality. They believe practical innovation drives the best results. They have been repeatedly nominated (and awarded) as one of the best places to work.