Accountant- Seattle- FILLED
Are you looking for an opportunity to really propel your career and take it to the next level, while working with a fun, dynamic, and growing company? Are you a born leader with strong worth ethics? Do you love working with numbers as well as building efficient accounting systems? If so, read on.
Our client is looking for an Accountant in Seattle. You are a key member of the company, reporting directly to the Controller. You will own the entire month-end closing. You will be speaking in depth of the job costing, close process and reconciling the jobs. There is room for improvement in this area. You will take over all the prep for covenant reporting for the bank as well as doing ad hoc reporting. Since the business is more dynamic, there is more ad hoc reporting to help the business improve efficiencies. However, it’s just not that. You have the ability to expand your role and help the company be more efficient. You will have the leverage to identify special projects that parallel with the company’s goals to increase efficiencies and processes. You will be the right hand to the Controller. You produce quality work that is accurate.
Even though Our client has been around for over 70 years, they have a very entrepreneurial environment. They are growing, therefore, adding new positions constantly. With that comes opportunities to define new systems and processes. There are projects they want to invest in so you’ll be able to put your fingerprint on. So, you’re not just doing debits and credits. This will really set you apart for other mainstream Accounting positions.
Fast forward a year, what will you be doing?
You are able to speak in-depth of job costing. You have the close process nailed down. You are reconciling all the jobs. You’ve identified areas to improve processes, not just the close process. You’ve taken over all the prep for covenant reporting for the bank as well as ad hoc reporting. Ad hoc reporting has gotten bigger because of your skills, abilities and success! You’re seen the as leader in timeliness & accuracy. Your recognized for your quality of work. You’re delivering on core responsibilities. You’re looking for more projects to own & improve. You’re seen as the integral part of the business and a big reason why the business has grown. You love your job!
How will you get there?
· Meet the leadership team as well as the finance team
· You have sat with every functional area of the company to understand their processes and what their day-to-day looks like
· You understand the job cost set up, from contract to transitioning into the systems
· You’ve been introduced to reconciliation
· You understand the tools for writing queries
· You’ve worked on collections
· You’re starting to dig into reports, familiarizing yourself with month-end entries, tying back supporting documents
· You’re prepping for month-end
· You’re completed the 1st month end & prepping for the 2nd
· You know what reports are run weekly
· You are proactive for the management meetings
· You’re policing the G/L for any coding errors
· You’re getting into the covenant reporting
· You’re writing reports
· You’re researching any issues that you’ve identified
· You’re digging into the job costs, looking at it from a holistic view, then dropping in analysis
· You’re up & running without permission
· You’re making decisions without the Controller
· You’ve been an integral part of the team to move to 100% paperless environment and helped set up automated forms
· You’re confident in your abilities
What you will need:
Ø Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Business or Accounting
Ø Successfully closed financial periods
Ø 2+ years in financial reporting or cost accounting
Ø 3+ years general accounting experience
Ø Outstanding computer skills, particularly in Excel
Ø Has worked with SQL queries
Ø Familiar with multiple ERP systems
Ø Ability to interpret applicable laws, codes, statues and regulations
Ø Strong leader
Ø Curious, ambitious, wants to propel your career!
Ø CPA or CMA certification a +
Since 1943, our client has been the Northwest’s most trusted alarm company. We offer the finest security systems focusing on corporate monitoring and installation, large and small residential projects and managed access control. We design, sell, and monitor products that save lives and protect property. We service over 5,000 businesses and nearly 1,000 homes with advanced firle and security systems from two strategically located offices. We are owned and operated by the same family that opened its doors more than 70 years ago. SDM Magazine, the premier industry publication, ranks Our client the 74th largest in the U.S. This is not a cut-throat environment. We set our people up for success!