VP Financial Planning & Analysis, Seattle - FILLED
Are you obsessed with numbers? More importantly, obsessed with providing the right numbers to provide financial insights and guidance as a partner to the business that will have direct impact for 1 of the most respected brands in the business? If so, read on.
Our client is looking for a Vice President of Financial Planning and Analysis in Seattle reporting directly to the CFO. You will be a right hand to the CFO. You will be a key thought leader to the business and other finance leaders. You will have visibility and exposure to the Finance Committee of the Board of Directors. You will be driving the financial planning of the company as well as building strategic partnerships with the business. The outputs you will be creating will help the Executive Team make the best decisions for the business; you are providing the total corporate point of view. You are at the center for anything financial moving forward in the company.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be a part of our transformation. You will be building new processes for the business, providing innovative, fresh insights as well as working on key business levers and metrics. We are going through a disruption in the business, therefore, making key investments. It’s a very exciting time to be in this industry and we continued to be positioned for success. Therefore, you will have a key role to drive this success. You will be building and driving the KPI’s for the company. You will be providing leadership and direction to our client’s strategic and financial planning processes within the company. This includes business strategy reviews, short and long-range financial plans, capital project reviews, approvals and post audits. You will develop, recommend and implement financial policies and controls. You will formulate alternatives and planned responses for variances in the performance versus plan. Determining, recommending and implementing productivity and profitability opportunities is key to this role as well as bringing best practices to financial planning. You will be developing and presenting capital requests, both short and long-range plans as we drive business performance. You will be preparing and presenting materials for the board of directors.
Fast Forward a Year, where will you be?
You will be a trusted partner to the business and CFO. You have developed strong relationships with not only the CFO but the Executive Team, finance committee of the BOD and the finance organization. You are a trusted advisor. You have successfully driven change in the finance organization. You’ve accomplished this by developing new strategies, business processes, dashboards and metrics to run the business. You’re integrated into the strategy team. You have played a team role in the finance and technology transformation. You are respected by the entire team.
How will you get there?
- You will immerse yourself into the finance team
- You will dig in, roll up your sleeves to learn how it’s done today
- You’re meeting the team players in the business; the strategy team as well as the Executive Team.
- You will meet the key business lines and stakeholders you will be partnering with and will establish a clear understanding of shared goals and aligned outcomes
- You’re starting to understand the business vision, priorities and KPIs
- You have assessed team to understand strengths as well as potential gaps
- You’ve developed your post 90-day plan
- You’re in the throes of the budgeting cycle, connecting it with the long-range plan
- You understand the business processes and started to improve/re-engineer them
- You’ve met with the finance committee of the Board of Directors
- You’ve partnered to develop the long-range plans to the Executive Team
- The dashboards and KPI’s are built and you’re starting to execute toward them
- Having the lens of continued process improvement is part of your day-to-day mantra
Who you are?
- You love transformation and change
- You’ve built finance roadmaps for business lines
- You’re a driver but also collaborate well. You can deliver, articulate the story, drive to conclusion but bringing the organization with you.
- You’re a leader
- Strong strategy and analytical orientation, including investment analysis, and value-based management and planning in a large, complex company
- Ability to continuum to the design and implementation of the business strategy
- Demonstrated track record of quickly understanding the business, economic and financial issues of the business
- B.S. in Finance, Business, MBA a plus
Who are we:
Our client, Inc. has an unerring eye for what's next in fashion. A relentless drive to exceed expectations. For more than 100 years, they have worked to deliver the best possible shopping experience, helping customers possess style—not just buy fashion.