VP Supply Chain Network Optimization, Seattle - FILLED
Are you obsessed with large-scale networks and increasing efficiencies? Do you want to be part of our company that is revolutionizing modern retailing? Since 1901, Our client has been committed to providing customers with the best possible service and experience in fashion. We have a relentless drive to exceed customer expectations. We continue to grow and evolve to remain the best in the eyes of our customers. Our goal is to be the best fashion retailer in a digitally connected world. Supply Chain is a pivotal capability in leading this transformation. We’re looking for a change leader at Our client as we continue modernize our Supply Chain capabilities.
Our client is searching for a Vice President of Supply Chain Network Optimization for our corporate headquarters in Seattle. You will be defining the strategic and tactical plans for our Supply Chain Network Planning and Execution. You will have broad influence throughout the enterprise. You are the right hand to the Chief Supply Chain Officer. You will have enormous impact to the business, driving a significant amount of change. We have made a lot of investments and are positioned for success.
You will be working across all functions of the business; Full Line Stores, .com sites and Off-Price/Rack Stores to develop our short and long-term supply chain capabilities. You will develop strategies to help take the Business Units to the next level with Supply Chain as a key enabler. You will help develop new Supply Chain capabilities, develop a CapX gameplan, and improve existing Supply Chain operations. You will be working with the appropriate business partners within Supply Chain and the Business Units to ensure an effective 1, 3, and 5-year planning for the Supply Chain Network. You will be instrumental in determining where the businesses want to go and then develop the roadmap for the supply chain that takes them there.
Fast forward one year, where will you be?
You will have completed a comprehensive network roadmap for the next 3-5 years. Your CapX budget has been approved by the Board. Your inventory accuracy group is well position and you’re starting to think about the next generation inventory systems. You have a high horsepower team in place that’s fully integrated and working well within all the Business Units. You have a strong working relationship with the corporate Strategy Team. You are seen as a respected leader in the company.
How will you get there?
- You will meet with the key players on the team
- You’re learning the network, visiting as many facilities as you can to assess the current state
- You will learn the ongoing network design
- You’re thinking about what positions you need to fill on your team to be set up for success
- You are beginning to build the Business Unit relationships and understanding their priorities
- You are getting a sense of the rhythm of your business
- You have a solid game plan to engage with the Business Units such as what they need and how
- The organizational design is in place and you’re hiring toward that
- You have established an ongoing network design with our vendors
- Your team is formed, including key leaders in place
- You’ve completed the Network design
- The CapX plan is developed and ready for Board approval
- The relationships you have built are strong and you’re seen as a trusted advisor
Who you are?
- Solid supply chain operations background (distribution centers, fulfillment centers, transportation, inventory management, or similar field).
- A successful practitioner with an expertise in Supply Chain or Supply Chain consulting
- Demonstrated success in formulating strategy and guiding implementation
- Effective at driving complex multi-stakeholder processes and cross-functional programs to desired results while successful managing risk.
- Accomplished leading large-scale transformation/turnaround efforts by effectively influencing all levels of the organization
- Proven track record of thought leadership and innovation in the Supply Chain arena
- Ability to create effective relationships to influence and collaborate internally and externally at all organizational levels
- Strong belief and experience in data-driven decision making
- Ability to drive long-term planning and short-term execution to ensure competitiveness in the retail landscape
- Proven ability to build effective teams and lead through influence and collaboration
- Ability to analyze leadership concerns and feedback
- Ability to develop reliable, cost effective systems and procedures
- Demonstrated success at identifying, developing and retaining talent